Competition for Social Enterprise in Poland
For the first time in Poland, NESsT and J. P. Morgan are organizing jointly "Competition for Social Enterprise - 2014". The aim of the Competition is to support the development of social enterprises in Poland. All organizations (non-profit as well as for-profit) and individuals who are interested in the possibility of creating or developing an existing social enterprise are kindly invited to participate in the Competition.
NESsT is an international organization that develops and invests in sustainable social enterprises addressing the most pressing social problems in emerging market countries. Since 1997, NESsT supports the development of social entrepreneurship in the countries of Central and Eastern Europe and Latin America. Thanks to generous support from the JP Morgan Chase Foundation, NESsT is able to initiate the relevant program in Poland and extend its support of the Polish social enterprises.
Provisional timetable of the Competition is as follows:
• Call for applications: March 6 - April 4, 2014
• Decision on acceptance into the program: April 16, 2014
• Workshops and consultation to support the preparation of a business plan: April –September 2014
• Selection of the best ideas and reward their investment grant: November 2014
In the final stage of the competition twelve propositions will be selected and will receive technical support (training, consultation) necessary for the creation and development of the company (social enterprise). In addition, the three or four best ideas will be rewarded in the amount of $15 000. The winners will be able to invest these funds in the creation or strengthening their own social enterprise, offering employment and sustainable income to people from disadvantaged groups. Selected projects will be a part of NESsT portfolio projects and their implementers will be able to apply for additional substantive and financial support.
The main priorities this year's edition of the Competition are threefold:
• Professional activation and integration into the labour market: companies that develop job skills acquisition, employment opportunities or provide job placement services for people with disabilities, youth at risk of exclusion, and representatives of ethnic minorities and other groups excluded from the traditional labour market.
• Balanced and stable income: companies that provide opportunities to generate income for artisans, small farmers and other marginalized producers with low incomes who need improved access to the market.
• Cheap and financially available technologies: delivering technology solutions for low-income communities and /or marginalized communities who do not have access to technology.
More information on the Competition can be found on at http://www.nesst.org/poland/pl_competition/